The term of office of many committees at clinics or clusters of clinics (“Committees”) is expiring. New Committee members will need to be nominated in terms of the Western Cape Health Facility Boards and Committees Act, 2016(“the Act”).
The Provincial Minister of Health therefore invites community bodies to nominate persons to serve on the Committees of the clinics and clinic clusters listed below.
In accordance with section 6(1) of the Act, the Provincial Minister must appoint no less than four but no more than twelve members to a Committee, including:
- Persons representing a community or communities served by the health facility;
- one or more councillors of the municipal council for the municipal area in which the primary health care facility is situated, nominated by the municipal council or a health-related committee of the municipal council;
- the Manager of the primary health care facility concerned or in case of a cluster of clinics, the PHC Manager / Medical Manager.
Please note that the following clinics require a full complement of members:
- Albertinia Clinic
- Heidelberg Clinic
- Melkhoutfontein Clinic
- Riversdale Clinic
- Stilbaai Clinic
Nomination forms may be obtained from and delivered to your nearest health facility. They may also be obtained from: Mr Kyle April/ Ms Claudel Draai Tel: 044 8032776 E-mail: Kyle.April@westerncape.gov.za/ Claudel.Draai@westerncape.gov.za
For all nominees the following information is required:
- A nomination form indicating the name, address and signature of the person making the nomination.
- The name of the clinic or clinic cluster for which the nomination is made;
- The full name and address of the nominee;
- A signed copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae;
- A certified copy of the nominee’s ID
- The motivation for considering the nominee as a suitable member of the Committee;
- A declaration by the nominee of his or her willingness to be a member of the Committee.
- In addition to the above, in terms of section 6(1)(b) of the Act, i.e. for community representatives, the following information must accompany the nominations:
- The full name and address of the community body nominating the candidate and a copy of its constitution or other founding document;
- An indication whether the nominee is a member of the nominating body and, if so, the length of the nominee’s membership, and if the nominee is not a member, why the body nominates that person.
Community bodies making nominations and nominees must please take note of the following:
- The Provincial Minister of Health will appoint members of the Committees.
- The position of a Committee member is a voluntary one with no remuneration attached to it.
- Committee members may however be reimbursed by the Committee for certain travelling and subsistence expenses incurred.
Alternative contact persons:
Mr Sean Stacey
Assistant Director; Statutory Bodies
Floor 21, Tower Block, 4 Dorp Street, Cape Town, 8001
Tel: 021 483 5862
Rural Health Services Office:
Mr Vincent D Heynes
Office of the Chief Director: Rural Health Services
WESTERN CAPE GOVERNMENT: Health
Mosselbay Shared Services Centre: Health, 4th Floor C/o Marsh & Kloof Streets, Mosselbay
Tel: 044 695 0047/ 044 813 1860/ Ext. 1868
The closing date for all nominations is 21 May 2021.