Please take note of the latest water restrictions that are effective immediately (03 February 2022):
- Gardens may only be watered once a week between 17:00 and 18:00. Even numbered households may water gardens on Tuesdays and uneven numbered households on Thursdays. This provision supersedes all previous permits for watering gardens at other times.
- Garden hoses, buckets, watering cans and automatic irrigation systems may be used for watering gardens, provided this happens within the permitted time slot. Garden hoses may only be used if supervised.
- Properties where alternative water resources such as rainwater tanks or boreholes are used, must ensure they display the appropriate signage in a visible manner.
- Old age homes, nurseries and car wash businesses are excluded from this restriction.
- The provision of municipal services, which includes sports facilities and municipal assets, is excluded from the above restrictions and will be managed by the Administration on an ad hoc basis.
- This replaces all previous water restrictions and is valid for Albertinia, Heidelberg and Slangrivier.
- The situation in the above towns will be monitored and stricter restrictions will be imposed if the state of water resources deteriorates.