Residents of Albertinia are requested to use water sparingly during the Summer period. Water consumption has increased sharply and dam levels have dropped as a result. Please adhere to the current water restrictions as set out below. Your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.
LEVEL 3 WATER RESTRICTIONS FOR ALBERTINIA
- Gardens may only be watered once a week between 16:00 and 18:00
- Even numbered households may water gardens once a week on Tuesdays and uneven numbered households on Thursdays.
- Garden hoses, buckets, watering cans and automatic irrigation systems may be used for watering gardens, provided this happens within the permitted time slot. Garden hoses may only be used if supervised.
- Hosing down of paving and cement surfaces are prohibited, including roof tops and walls.
- The washing of vehicles, caravans and boats may only be done by means of a bucket.
- Properties where alternative water resources such as rainwater tanks or boreholes are used, must ensure they display the appropriate signage in a visible manner.
- Concessions will be considered for example for old age homes, nurseries and car wash businesses.
- The provision of municipal services, which includes sports facilities and municipal assets, is excluded from the above restrictions and will be managed by the Administration on an ad hoc basis.