Vacancies are available in 1 x Albertinia (Protea Library), 1 x Heidelberg (Duivenhoks Library) and 1 x Riversdale (Riversdale Library).
Are you an 18 to 25-year-old who wants to give a year beyond their matric or studies to improve the lives of communities? We are looking for individuals to join the YearBeyond Information and Communication Technology Cadet programme at our libraries.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Tech savvy young people between the ages of 18-25.
- Must be in a possession of a Grade 12 certificate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Open Office.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- A love of tech and anything related to computers. Studies in technology an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creativity and innovation skills
As an ICT Cadet, you will provide computer assistance and support to library users and staff, conduct basic computer training and promote ICT literacy in your local community. You will be the person who helps people apply for jobs, register for vaccines, find information on the internet and more. When you are not busy with the computers, you will provide general support to the library.
This is a 6-month contract with the possibility to be extended by 3 months
HOW TO REGISTER AND APPLY?
- Visit the website www.yearbeyond.org for information on how to apply and register
- You will need to create a profile on SAYouth.Mobi application
- Then apply on the website www.yearbeyond.org