The Garden Route District Coastal Management Programme was reviewed and updated, in terms of Section 48 of the Integrated Coastal Management (ICM) Act (Act No 24 of 2008). As per the provisions of the ICM Act, any amendments that are made to the existing Coastal Management Programme must be subject to the public participation requirements in accordance with Chapter 4 of the Municipal Systems Act, prior to being Gazetted.
Notice is hereby given that the Draft Garden Route District Coastal Management Programme will be available for review and comment from 20 June 2022 to 20 August 2022. The draft Garden Route District Coastal Management Programme will be available for viewing at the following Places:
- Garden Route District Municipality, 54 York Street, George;
- Mossel Bay Public Library, 99 Marsh Street, Mossel Bay;
- Hessequa Public Library (Gouritsmond Library), 9 Kerk Street, Gouritz;
- Albertinia Public Library, 2 Horne Street, Albertinia;
- Still Bay Public Library, Main Road, Still Bay West;
- Riversdale Public Library, Van Den Berg Street, Riversdale;
- Hessequa Municipal Office, Mitchell Street, Riversdale;
- Plettenberg Bay Public Library; Saringa Way, New Horizons, Plettenberg Bay;
- Knysna Public Library, Memorial Square, 2 Main Street, Knysna;
- George Public Library, Corner Caledon and Courtenay Streets, Camphersdrift, George, and;
- Garden Route District Municipality website: www.gardenroute.gov.za/documents/
The District Municipality hereby invites comments from interested and affected parties on the draft reviewed Garden Route District Coastal Management Programme. Any comments and inputs submitted will be considered during the finalisation of the draft document for final approval and Gazetting.
Written submissions may be directed to the Municipal Manager using the following address:
Garden Route District Municipality, Municipal Manager, Monde Stratu, 54 York Street, George or Private Bag 12, George, 6530 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20 August 2022.
Any person who is unable to write can submit their input verbally to the Council’s offices where they will be assisted by a staff member to put their comments in writing.
Enquiries can be directed to Dr Nina Viljoen at 044 803 1318 or e-mail to email@example.com.