Our libraries are open for the public, but with limited services and reduced opening hours as per Regulations and the Western Cape Library Service Standard Operating Procedures for reopening of libraries (COVID 19).
See attached document for the operating hours during the week.
Libraries are unfortunately closed on Saturdays.
All patrons must please adhere to the COVID-19 precautionary measures, such as hand sanitizing, social distancing and the wearing of face masks. Patrons must wait at the designated marks before entering the library. No-one will be allowed access without a cloth mask or facial covering. No patron will be allowed access without being screened.
- Library services are limited to borrowing and returning of library materials including magazines.
- Patrons will not be allowed to read newspapers or other periodicals in the library.
- Adult patrons will be allowed to borrow 18 items at a time for 30 days
- Children patrons will be allowed to borrow 8 items at a time for 30 days
- All library material will be quarantined in compliance with the regulation. We ask patrons to please be patient during this time.
- The study and computer area in the library will be limited in compliance with the Covid-19 regulations.
- The number of people allowed access to the libraries will be limited.
- The time spent in the library will be limited.