The Hessequa Council approved the rollout of Covid-19 Business Relief programme aimed at assisting businesses that were adversely impacted by the National Lockdown measures and who therefore were unable to operate during the said period.
The following CRITERIA apply to prospective applicants who wish to apply for this relief programme:
- Business must be registered (attach registration certificate)
- Business must have/ receive a municipal service account
- Nursery schools/ Crèches must be registered as Early Childhood Development Centers
- If a tenant at a municipal property, the applicant must be in possession of a valid lease agreement
- If a tenant in a business premises, the applicant must have municipal services account
Landlord to business tenants are encouraged to apply together with their tenants.
Relief will be granted on municipal basic services in the form of a rebate based on the impact of the following lock down period:
Business that applied for relief during the period March 2020 to September 2020. The current relief application will cover 01 October 2020 – August 2021.
Business that are applying for business relief for the first time (did not apply in 2020). The relief application will cover the period March 2020- August 2021.
Application forms are downloadable from the municipal website at https://www.hessequa.gov.za/document-library/ or alternatively:
English application form:
Hard copies are also available on request from all the municipal service offices.
Enquiries can be directed to the following municipal officials:
Mr. Lerato Tshefu at email@example.com or 028 713 7829
Mr. Bertus Hayward at firstname.lastname@example.org or 028 713 8065
Completed applications must be hand delivered at Planning Development Building, Corner President CR Swarts and Heidelberg Road, Riversdale or sent by email to email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE for application is 18 February 2022