EXTERNAL MUNICIPAL BURSARY PROGRAMME
(In collaboration with Provincial Treasury)
Applications are hereby invited from students registered at tertiary institutions (university) for financial
support towards further studies in the 2018 academic year. Students must reside within the Hessequa
The aim of this programme is to support students who are performing academically, have a real interest in
uplifting and changing the community for the better and who shows the potential but do not have the
financial means to study towards a degree. Students from historically disadvantaged societal groups and
individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Bursaries will be allocated for a period of one (1) year, where after it may be extended based on academic
The fields of study – 3 Year Degree in: Finance • Accounting • Supply Chain Management • Internal Audit
• Risk Management • Economics • Infrastructure
Minimum Requirements for a bursary:
• South African citizenship aged 17 to 35 years
• Students who completed Grade 12 in 2017 must please submit results for December 2017
• Must not be in possession of another bursary
• Preference will be given to candidates from historically disadvantaged societal groups and/or individuals with disabilities.
Candidates who have previously applied will be considered together with the new candidates.
Interested applicants who meet the abovementioned criteria should apply using the prescribed application
form obtainable from Municipal Offices (during normal office hours)
Certified copies of the following documentation must be attached:
– A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
– Proof of qualification/latest examination results
– Proof of registration at accredited tertiary institution
– Certified copy of Identity Document (not older than 3 months)
– Proof of residential address (municipal account)
– Proof of salary statements of both parents/guardians
– If disabled, a letter from a medical doctor confirming permanent disability
Only correct and fully completed application forms will be considered. Completed applications must
be forwarded to Hessequa Municipality, Human Resources, PO Box 29, Riversdale, 6670 or via e-mail to
Please Note: Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification. If you have not been contacted within 30
working days after the closing date of this advertisement, you may assume that your application was
unsuccessful. Curriculum Vitae’s will not be returned.
Closing date: 25 March 2018