As per instruction in terms of National Treasury MFMA Circular No 81, from 01 July 2016 municipalities are obliged to utilise the Central Supplier Database (CSD) as their official list of accredited prospective providers when procuring goods and services.
The CSD integrates with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) to verify tax clearance certificates and the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) for business registration and business ownership information. The CSD furthermore verifies supplier information with the register for tender defaulters and database of restricted suppliers.
As the CSD is a self-service portal, prospective suppliers must self-register on the CSD website at www.csd.gov.za.
To assist prospective suppliers to register, Hessequa Municipality will conduct a ROADSHOW from 20 to 21 November 2019 in the towns of Albertinia, Heidelberg, Still Bay and Riversdale.
|08h30 – 12h00||20 November 2019||Theronsville Community Hall||Albertinia|
|13h00 – 16h00||20 November 2019||Still Bay Council Chambers||Still Bay|
|08h30 – 12h00||21 November 2019||Duivenhoks Community Hall||Heidelberg|
|13h00 – 16h00||21 November 2019||SCM Committee Room, Post Office Building, 19 Main Road, Riversdale||Riversdale|
Prospective suppliers should have the following documentation to register successfully on the CSD:
- Company Registration Document if applicable
- Original Valid Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) or confirmation of tax reference number
- VAT Registration number to appear on the TCC if VAT registered
- Confirmation of Banking Details from Bank
- B-BBEE Rating Certificate if applicable
- B-BBEE Affidavit (Original) if applicable
- Identity Document of owner(s), members, directors and/ or shareholders
- Proof of accreditation with relevant body and reference number (Example: CIDB Registration)
- Mobile phone with valid email address (Activation e-mails will be sent to mobile to confirm and accept registration, thus mobile device should be able to receive e-mails)
Please note that REGISTRATION AND AN ACTIVE STATUS ON CSD IS COMPULSORY IN ORDER TO CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH HESSEQUA MUNICIPALITY.
Please direct enquiries to Mrs C Prins at Tel: 028 713 7974 or Mr JA Thyse at Tel 028 713 8086.