GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE LEASING AND PURCHASING OF PROPERTY FROM
HOW DOES THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORK?
• Complete the prescribed application form which is available on the website www.hessequa.gov.za or at
any Municipal office and pay the prescribed application fee.
• Submit the completed application form per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the application to PO
Box 29, Riversdale, 6670 or you can hand in the application at any of the Municipal offices.
• The Property Management Departement will verify that the information on the application form is
complete where after the application will be submitted to relevant Departments for comments.
• The comments will be considered and a report will be drafted and referred to the Ward Committee,
Portfolio Committee, Executive Mayoral Committee and in the event of the selling of property, to the
• Should the application be approved, the proposed leasing/selling of the property will be advertised in
the media for comments. All comments and/or objections received will be considered.
• If comments or objections are received, the comments and objections received will be referred back to
Portfolio Committee or Council and after the final decision is made, the applicant will be informed of the
decision in writing.
The above listed information can be download HERE:
Information statement regarding the leasing and purchasing of Municipal property
Click on the LINK below to download the
Application Form to lease / purchase municipal property.
The process outlined above, is merely a guideline. It is not intended to be all inclusive or exhaustive of each
and every step. The Hessequa Municipality reserves the right to dispense with or add any steps in
appropriate cases within its discretionary powers in accordance with its authority and all relevant and
applicable policies and legislation.