The vision for Hessequa Municipality as set out for 2012-2017 and beyond is:
A caring municipality where everyone reaps the fruit of cost effective and innovative service delivery, stimulated economic growth and sustainable use of natural resources.
The Hessequa Council has set the following 7 Strategic Objectives ahead of themselves with specific impacts to be made:
- Effective communication and participation.
- To limit the impact of our presence in the natural environment and re-establish a heritage of preservation.
- Maintenance and development of all infrastructure and services.
- Development of safe and integrated human settlements.
- Human development initiatives to enhance the social well-being of all our residents.
- To stimulate economic growth for the benefit of all communities.
- An accountable local authority with a fit for purpose workforce and transparent financial practices.